WHAT IS MUSIC?
Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.
Why is music important in our life?
Music is an important part of our life as it is a way of expressing our feelings as well as emotions. Some people consider music as a way to escape from the pain of life. It gives you relief and allows you to reduce the stress.
MUSIC IS LIKE EXERCISE TO YOUR BRAIN. IT RELAXES OUR WHOLE BODY.
Every time you listen to a piece of music, you’re actually giving yourself a deep, full-brain workout.
Music is a vital part of different moments of human life. It spreads happiness and joy in a person’s life. It is the soul of life and gives immense peace to us. Music helps us in connecting with our souls or real self.
It has great qualities of healing a person emotionally and mentally. Music is a form of meditation. While composing or listening to music one tends to forget all his worries, sorrows and pains.
Magical Powers of Music:
It has the power to cure diseases such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. It also helps in improving the concentration and is thus of great help to the students.
Why is Music known as the Universal Language?
>> Music is known as the Universal language because it knows no boundaries. It flows freely beyond the barriers of language, religion, country, etc. Anybody can enjoy music irrespective of his age.
SOME BENEFITS OF MUSIC:-
- Improves mood. Studies show that listening to music can benefit overall well-being, help regulate emotions, and create happiness and relaxation in everyday life.
- Reduces stress. Listening to ‘relaxing’ music (generally considered to have slow tempo, low pitch, and no lyrics) has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety in healthy people and in people undergoing medical procedures (e.g., surgery, dental, colonoscopy).
- Lessens anxiety. In studies of people with cancer, listening to music combined with standard care reduced anxiety compared to those who received standard care alone.
- Improves exercise. Studies suggest that music can enhance the aerobic exercise, boost mental and physical stimulation, and increase overall performance.
- Improves memory. Research has shown that the repetitive elements of rhythm and melody help our brains form patterns that enhance memory. In a study of stroke survivors, listening to music helped them experience more verbal memory, less confusion, and better focused attention.
- Eases pain. In studies of patients recovering from surgery, those who listened to music before, during, or after surgery had less pain and more overall satisfaction compared with patients who did not listen to music as part of their care.
- Provides comfort. Music therapy has also been used to help enhance communication, coping, and expression of feelings such as fear, loneliness, and anger in patients who have a serious illness, and who are in end-of-life care.
- Improves cognition. Listening to music can also help people with Alzheimer’s recall seemingly lost memories and even help maintain some mental abilities.
Music is the essence of life. Everything that has rhythm has music. Our breathing also has a rhythm. Thus, we can say that there is music in every human being or a living creature. Music has the ability to convey all sorts of emotions to people. Music is also a very powerful means to connect with God. We can conclude that Music is the purest form of worship of God and to connect with our soul.
FAMOUS QUOTES ABOUT MUSIC:-
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato
“How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” ― Jane Swan
“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” ― Aldous Huxley
“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.”― Charles Darwin
“People ask me how I make music. I tell them I just step into it. It’s like stepping into a river and joining the flow. Every moment in the river has its song.” ― Michael Jackson
“Without music, life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
THANK YOU FOR READING 🙂
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT OTHER POSTS.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!